The High Country is an excellent place to be a homeschooling family. We have an abundance of families and resources all committed to sharing. Below you will find a few, please share others with me as you find them.
2. Thoughtful Thursdays – also a part of High Country Christian Home Schoolers
3. Grace Academy – Christian, Classical, College Model School
4. Classical Conversations – Rebekah Valentine is coordinating Classical Conversations.
5. Tapestry of Grace – An excellent cooperative that meets at Alliance Bible Fellowship.
7. Brain Food Boone – Private tutoring to help throughout the year.
9. Tailwind Track Club: Tailwind Track Club offers cross country (September to November) and track (April to June) for area youth ages 6-18, meeting on Monday and Thursday evenings at either the Greenway or Watauga High School track. Coaches are participant parents, former ASU athletes and Watauga HS coaches and running enthusiasts. The coaches bring enthusiasm, experience, encouragement and knowledge to practice every week. For more information, contact Don Wood at (828) 963-9702 (home), (828) 773-3428 (mobile), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Watauga County Swim Team: Watauga Swim Team is a year-round, non-profit, USA swim team. The only requirements to join the team are that you are between the ages of 5 and 18 and that you can swim the length of the pool (25 yards). Contact Joe Temple for further details at 828-963-0079.
11. Morganton Mountaineers Football: The Morganton Mountaineers are a football team within the Pioneer Football League, which currently consists of six teams from Cabarrus, Johnson City, Lake Norman, Asheville, Morganton, and Charlotte. The Pioneer Football League was founded on Christian principles with an emphasis on helping young men and women develop biblical character traits such as self-control, selflessness and perseverance. The League provides an opportunity for home-schooled and private-schooled students ages 12-18 to play regulation football or participate in cheerleading. The season begins in late July and runs through October, with most games being played on Saturdays. Practices are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 6:00-8:00. Contact Joe Temple for further details at 828-963-0079.