Back 2 School Traditions are so much fun and simple. As we look back on our childhood, we remember the traditions our families shared with us. Our family has created a few of our own traditions. We would love to hear how you celebrate “back 2 school.”
1. The Talk – I just adore this post and the moral teaching it shares with our kids.
2. Back 2 School Pictures and Free Printables- a friend from Classical Conversations shared these links. I am so excited to try these. It is also fun to take a picture at the same place year after year.
3. Lunch Box Notes – Every child’s love language is different. So make sure you know their love language and what is important in your family. Our daughter LOVES getting notes in her lunchbox and that is her part of her love language.
Three Sets of Bible verse cards - Encourage your little scholar throughout the year by slipping one of these into their pencil or snack bag.
Lunch Note Jokes – Fun to read and to share. Give them giggles for lunch!
Sweet Lunch Notes – These are especially from mom with some cards containing Bible verses to encourage. How perfect.
4. Breakfast – Here are a few ideas for making yummy breakfast. Kicking off the morning by sitting for a few minutes, praying and sharing breakfast will make so many memories. You may not have time to do that every morning but every time you do it will be a blessing.
5. Planning Lunches: This is great to get the kids involved the night before in packing their own lunches. You may have a few things to add in the morning (depending on the ages of your kiddos). Kids love to help.
6. My favorite tradition – caring, sharing and planning their goals for 2014-2015 together as a family. This is our first draft for Melissann’s Plan. Now we are making it “her” plan and what she wants to work on. We are going on a family hike today to share this plan with her and get her feedback on what she believes is important and what she would like to accomplish.