$5 Or Less Rainy Day Summer Fun with Kids
What is a mom to do about all those days that it rains (maybe everyday these days but I would rather deal with a little storm each afternoon than extreme heat)? There are several things you CAN do when it’s raining so get your galoshes out and let’s get moving!
- Watauga County Public Library – Always a local favorite for story time! Story time each day at 11am and Baby Lap Time each Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am.
- Boone Bowling Center – Kids fifteen and under bowl free until August 7th! Note: does not include shoe rental.
- Indoor Swim – If it’s not storming, you can check out the Watauga Parks & Rec Indoor Pool in Boone. Adults: $4, Ages 2-17: $3.50, Under 2: FREE.
- Michaels Craft Store of Boone is participating the Passport to Imagination crafting program for kids. It meets on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am-12pm and $2 reserves a thirty minute time slot for your child.
- Ashe County Cheese Factory – I thought this place was pretty fascinating as a kid. Worth a little trip over to Jefferson to watch some cheese production and have a bite of the good ole squeaky cheese!
- APP Summer Movie – E.T. is showing at the newly renovated Shaefer Center for the Performing Arts (formerly Farthing Auditorium) on ASU’s campus on Friday, July 19 at 7pm. Cost of admission is FREE!
- Children’s Playhouse of Boone offers a ton of children’s activities for $5 per person per visit. If you have a membership, there is no additional charge. Infants twelve months and younger are FREE. The hours are Tuesday-Friday 10:00-5:00 pm Saturday 10-5:00 pm in June and July (10-3:00 pm August-May).
Have fun splashing to these fun activities!