As our family is gearing up for our version of “Back 2 School” we wanted to share some ideas that are fun and one way to kick off the school year.
Would love to hear how you are kicking off the school year! Boone Portraits is offering some fun discounts to capture your family’s special moment. It is amazing how this thing we call life just goes so fast.
Yummy Tummy Back 2 School Menu Ideas –
A healthy start to anyone’s day will give your brain fuel and be a true confidence booster. Below are some easy ideas to keep your family’s energy level going. We make it a point to eat dinner together as a family. Not everyone is able to eat dinner together with lifestyles and running to other commitments throughout the week. My hubby helps keep me on track with that one. I hope these ideas will inspire you to create easy, healthy meals and memories.
Breakfast Ideas – Keep it small. Kids, even the older ones, like to eat small things. Making things smaller makes it more fun to eat too. Use tooth picks to make it fun.
3. Banana Nut Bread
5. Yogurt + Mini Muffins
6. Oatmeal – make oatmeal the old fashion way and then set sliced fruit, brown sugar and honey out for everyone to make their own style oatmeal.
8. Apples & Peanut Butter
9. Homemade Granola (or Stick Boy Granola) and Yogurt
11. Chick-fil-a Boone – Just in case you do not have time for breakfast at home, Chick-fil-a has some healthy brain food options!
Lunch Box Specials – don’t forget Earth Fare offers $5.00 dinners so you could just pick up an extra one for school lunch(-:
1. Peanut Buttery Berry-Wich – sounded to yummy to not list twice
2. Fruit Kabobs – my kids LOVE these, enjoy making them and eating them. It is one way to get them to try certain fruits they may not normally try.
5. Taco Salad
After School Snacks/Next Stop Snacks
1. Nut butter & Bananas
2. Bananas, Blueberries & Yogurt – Mix together to keep the bananas from turning brown
3. Cucumber & Carrot Sticks
4. Sweet Potato Bites
5. Chips & Salsa
6. Graham Cracker, Nut Butter + Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate
10. Cheese + Crackers + Grapes
11. Pretzels + Hummus
13. Frozen Grapes
15. Hard boiled eggs
18. Broccoli + Hummus
We would love to hear how you are meal planning and special snacks you enjoy. We try to remind ourselves and kiddos that the reason we eat is to feed our body and brain. We need to watch how we feed our brain so it will work when we need it.